It’s about that time!
Check back here and there for updates about tonight’s NFL Draft! I’ll be updating as the picks are made.
1. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
I would not have done this. But that’s just me.
2. Denver Broncos – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
At least Cam Newton didn’t cry. I HATE the crying draft picks.
3. Buffalo Bills – Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
*Sniffle* Goodbye, Marcell.
4. Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
Green officially goes before Julio Jones. Let’s see if the Cardinals take Robert Quinn off the board.
5. Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
There goes the alleged two guys the Texans were interested in trading up for. You know, the ones they were NEVER ACTUALLY GOING TO TRADE UP FOR!!??
6. *TRADE* Atlanta Falcons – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Wow, the Falcons gave up a TON for this. Flip the firsts with Cleveland this year (27th to 6th), their second and fourth this year, plus their first and fourth next year. Wow. I hope for Julio’s sake, that Julio is one hell of a player.
7. San Francisco 49ers – Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
WOW! There goes Smith! The Texans may yet get a chance to pass on Robert Quinn.
8. Tennessee Titans – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Uh, whoa. WHOA!
9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT, USC
They probably wanted to trade down, but couldn’t make it work. Good pick for Dallas. I think he’ll be a stud.
10. *TRADE* Jacksonville Jaguars – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
A new QB in the AFC South. Texans have a lot of good choices after all. So uh… will they actually take one of them??