I’m working away on my SBNation Houston weekend duties. Obviously I cannot (and would not want to) post the same entry here and over there… but I’ll give you the stripped-down version here, and you can head over to my entry at SBN to get full comments and analysis.
Please feel free to comment here or at SBN. We’re getting dangerously close to the Draft, my friends. Dangerously close.
Here’s the quick and dirty version, but please – hit that link above for the full story.
1. Carolina – Cam Newton, QB
2. Denver – Marcell Dareus, DL
3. Buffalo – Von Miller, OLB
4. Cincinnati – Blaine Gabbert, QB
5. Arizona – Patrick Peterson, CB
6. Cleveland – AJ Green, WR
7. San Francisco – Da’Quan Bowers, DE
8. Tennessee – Nick Fairley, DT
9. Dallas – Tyron Smith OT, or Anthony Castonzo, OT
10. Washington – Jake Locker, QB or any remaining QB.
1. (tie) Robert Quinn, OLB
1. (tie) Trade down
Possible mid-to-low first round targets for this scenario:
Phil Taylor, NT
Aldon Smith, OLB
Muhammad Wilkerson, DL
Akeem Ayers, OLB
Stephen Paea, DT
Aaron Williams, DB
3. (tie) Cameron Jordan, DE
3. (tie) Julio Jones, WR
5. Phil Taylor, NT
6. Prince Amukamara, CB
7. JJ Watt, DE
As I said, further explanation is up and running over at my weekend gig. Please check it out! Gonna be a better week for me next week, so I’ll be back with you. I truly appreciate you guys keeping the discussion going in the comments. Much appreciated.